Have you ever wondered what happens between ordering your clear stickers and labels and the four working days it takes us to ship them?
Then this is the article for you. We will share a peek behind the scenes of the clear stickers and labels manufacturing process and cover everything from printing over lamination to cutting and shipping.
So, let us jump right in.
What are clear stickers and labels made of?
As the name suggests, clear stickers and labels are made from a transparent material. Have a look at the image below to see each component that makes up your stickers or labels:
- Your stickers and labels are topped off with a laminate that protects them from sunlight, scratching & water.
- We print your design with the world's best digital printer, allowing us to create fantastic colors and amazingly crisp printing quality. We print white ink behind some colors for maximum vibrancy.
- You can think of our standard clear vinyl as a durable transparent film. It is made from a 50-micron thick polypropylene, a recyclable plastic that is waterproof and weather-resistant.
- The adhesive used with all of our clear stickers and labels can be stuck to most smooth surfaces and can be peeled off without leaving any residue.
- Finally, a thick backing paper is added to make your stickers and labels easy to peel and gives a premium feel.
How do you make clear stickers and labels?
Okay, but how do we actually make or use each component? There are four steps that go into manufacturing clear stickers and labels: printing, laminating, cutting and shipping.
Step 1: Printing
As soon as you approve your digital design proof, your design is sent to print. This means that we will load the clear material and print your custom design.
Most sticker printers use a digital or laser printer to get the most vibrant and brilliant colors. But we use the HP Indigo press - the crème de la crème of digitally printed stickers and labels.
Remember, when we print color directly onto the material, it will create a stained-glass effect. If you want to omit that, we print white ink between your chosen colors and the clear material.
Step 2: Add a glossy layer
Once they are printed, we add a protective glossy layer on top of your sticker design.
This is referred to as a laminate. You can imagine it as a clear tape that is applied to protect your clear stickers from scratches, water, oil and fading in the sun.
Lamination is an optional step that you can skip. However, we recommend it if your stickers or products will be exposed to water or used outdoors.
Step 3: Get cutting
It is time to create the custom shape. You can get your clear stickers and labels in any shape you can think of; from our more traditional options like circle or square to die-cut or kiss-cut.
Remember, when you order clear stickers, each of your stickers will be individually cut. If you order clear labels, they will be printed onto a sheet.
Step 4: Send them on their way
And then we get packing. Your stickers will first be packed in biodegradable bags, which are then put into a compostable cardboard box that is secured and sent on its way. We offer worldwide shipping and plenty of express options.
Once you've received your stickers, it is time to go wild. Have a look at where to put clear stickers.
If you are unsure where to start, a custom clear sticker sample can be a great way to test our materials and see your design in action.