We are here to talk you through the difference between die cut and kiss cut stickers, so you can make an informed decision and get the best results.
Die cut stickers vs kiss cut stickers
The main difference between die-cut stickers and kiss cut stickers is how they are cut.
Die cut stickers are cut through the material layer and the backing paper, whereas kiss cut stickers are only cut through the upper material layer, leaving the backing paper intact.
Have a look at this GIF to visualize the difference between the two:
What is a die cut sticker?
Die cut stickers are stickers that are cut in a custom shape. They are cut around the edge of your design through both the vinyl and paper backing layers.
Die cut stickers can be cut in the exact shape of your custom design. This is why they are our most popular sticker option.
For more information, check out our die-cut stickers definition.
The benefits of die cut stickers
- The edge of the backing paper and the sticker is the same. This makes it clear to see your sticker's appearance before you apply it.
- Great for re-selling your design as a sticker to your customers because they look like the final product, even when on the paper-backing.
- Perfect for eye-catching designs that you want to apply to laptops, phones, bikes, or water bottles.
- They can be a lower-cost option because a custom cutline tends to be tight around the edge of your design, leaving less 'white space.'
Examples of die cut stickers
Ordering die cut stickers
Ordering custom die cut stickers is super easy. Simply head over to our die cut stickers page. Then, enter the size of your sticker and choose your favorite material.
The pricing calculator will then display an instant price for various quantities. You can select one or enter a custom quantity at the bottom of the calculator.
Hit continue, upload your artwork, then check out and you're done!
You can also diy die cut stickers - we've got some instructions for you.
What is a kiss cut sticker?
Kiss cut stickers, on the other hand, are cut through the vinyl layer only. The paper backing stays intact. This means only part of the sticker is designed to be peeled away from the backing.
You can still choose a custom shape, but kiss cut stickers will have extra backing around the sticker main design.
The benefits of kiss cut stickers
- They have extra backing paper around the outside of your sticker. This can be printed with your brand name, website, or contact details, making them effective as event handouts.
- If you have intricate artwork, kiss cut stickers are better because the extra backing paper protects the sticker's edge until applied.
- The extra backing paper allows for easy peeling, making these stickers quicker to apply.
Example of kiss cut stickers
Ordering kiss cut stickers
If you want to order your own kiss cut stickers, go to our kiss cut stickers product page.
You'll find a pricing calculator on the right-hand side that will generate an instant quote for you.
Choose your material and enter the size of your stickers. This should be the size of your overall sticker. Our design team will then adjust the peelable part to fit.
Then, all that is left to do is to select your quantity and upload your artwork.
Similarities between die cut stickers and kiss cut stickers
Die cut stickers and kiss cut stickers are both custom-cut stickers that can be printed onto any material you want.
The terms only describe how your stickers are cut, nothing more and nothing less.
And, when they are peeled, they can even look identical.
What will it be?
Die cut stickers, or kiss cut stickers? We cannot wait to see what you will be creating next.
Ask our experts if you are unsure which sticker option is right for you. They will help you narrow your options based on your unique use case.