Sticker it logo

PVC, PET, PE & BOPP films - What are they and what are they used for?

PVC stands for Polyvinyl chloride. Often referred to as vinyl it's popular for wrapping vehicles because of how flexible it can be.

Polyester (PET) is a film with outstanding durability, temperature, UV, and chemical resistance. Polyester tends to be great for labels with outdoor applications.

Polypropylene (BOPP) is a film with high tear resistance & rigidity, making it ideal for beverage & many other label applications. It's the industry standard for labels.

Polyethylene Film (PE) falls into two main categories; low-density (LDPE) & high-density (HDPE).

  • LDPE is soft, very flexible and has a good tear and moisture resistance, so it's great for grocery bags and food packaging.

  • HDPE has good impact strength, puncture resistance and chemical resistance but low gas barrier properties, making it suitable for premium label applications.